Now that spring has finally sprung, it’s time to set our sights on doing all of the fun things we love to do outdoors. Many of my patients are reluctant to head into “shorts season” because of chronic varicose and spider veins. It’s not merely for the fact that patients often feel such veins are unsightly, they often have a number of symptoms that make their legs less fun to use:
• Cramping/”Charlie horses”
• Restless Legs
Most of my patients have never made the connection between such symptoms and chronic vein disease. In fact, patients’ other physicians are often unaware of the subtle signs and the potential impact of chronic vein disease. Providers at Advanced Dermatology often recognize such subtle cues and recommend patients to see me for a consultation. I spend an hour during my initial consultation appointments getting to know your medical history and particular concerns. I spend a great deal of time teaching about vein disease and the methods of diagnosis and treatment. Patients are excited to learn that the latest, state-of-the-art treatments I can provide are:
• Non-surgical. Minimally-invasive endovenous
techniques are safe and effective.
• Comfortable. There is no downtime. You can resume
most activities immediately after treatments. Drive yourself in, drive yourself home!
• Affordable. Diagnosis and many treatments may be covered by insurance, including Medicare. Treatment plans are tailored to an individual’s needs and overall goals.
Such exciting, effective treatments include:
• Endovenous laser ablation (EVLA)
• Ultrasound-guided Sclerotherapy
• Veinlite® guided Sclerotherapy
Don’t let another “shorts season” pass you by without exploring the newest opportunities to have legs that may feel and look better than they have in years. See you soon!