Effective August 8, 2018
You can review that notice here: Notice of Privacy Practices
Visitors to the Sites can browse the Sites without providing any personal information. Any provision of personal information on the Sites is completely voluntary. You have the option of requesting an appointment, in which case we will ask for your name, telephone number, email address, and physical address. If you sign up to receive one of our newsletters, we will collect your name and email address for that purpose. If you elect to register on the patient portal, you will be sent to a website operated by a third party service provider with whom we partner.
We will receive the personal information that you input into the patient portal. When you pay an invoice or make a purchase on one of the Sites, you will be asked to provide personal information that includes the credit card you are using for payment. We receive information related to that payment, but we do not receive your full credit card number. The payment information, including the full credit card number and other details, is also shared with a third party payment processor with whom we contract.
We also collect certain non-personal information such as your browsing history on the Sites, the length of time spent on certain pages, the website Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) from the website you were visiting before coming to this Site, which URL you next visit, device type, what browser you are using, Internet service provider, date/time of visit information, operating system, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
We will use your personal information to:
- schedule your appointment;
- process your registration paperwork;
- fulfill your order or process your payment;
- respond to your requests;
- communicate with you; and
- provide you with offers and promotions that we feel may be of interest.
We may combine personal information that you provide through the Sites with personal information we collect in our offices and at events. We use that combined information for the same purposes as described above.
We will use the non-personal information we collect to:
- conduct statistical analysis of the Sites;
- troubleshoot service issues or interruptions;
- update and improve the Sites;
- understand the demographics of our users and their browsing habits; and
- serve you with promotional messages and advertisements, both while you are on the Sites and after you leave our Sites and continue to browse online.
We may share personal information with our affiliates for our legitimate business interests. In addition, we may share personal information with the following entities and/or for the following reasons:
- Insurance Providers. We may share your personal information with insurance providers as is necessary for claims processing related to patient visits.
- Law Enforcement. Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personal information. We will disclose personal information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, warrant, or other legal process to the extent necessary to meet legal, national security, public interest, or law enforcement obligations. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Sites for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may share non-personal information with select third parties, such as our advertisers, for purposes of serving you with customized promotions, both while you are on the Sites and after you leave our Sites and continue to browse online. If you would like to learn more about the sharing of non-personal information for purposes of providing customized advertisements or promotions, please visit this page about understanding consumer online advertising.
Log-In Through Social Networks
You have the option of posting comments to blog posts on the Sites. We consider such comments to be public information and reserve the right to re-use such comments for marketing or other purposes. Please do not include any sensitive personal information in such comments unless you are comfortable with such information being shared publicly. Please note that if you choose to share information about yourself in an open format, such as through a website like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram or Real Self, we consider that information to be public information as well.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it immediately. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 may have provided his or her information to us, please contact us using the contact information below.
Do Not Track
Cross-Border Transfer of Data
We are located in the United States. If you are not a resident of the United States, your country’s laws governing data collection and use may differ from those in the United States; in particular, the United States may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. By using the Site or providing your personal information to Advanced Dermatology, you are transferring your information to the United States, and you consent to the transfer, retention, and processing of such data in the United States. If you do not agree with such transfer, retention and processing in the United States, please do not use the Sites.
We understand the importance of information security and will take reasonable measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your information. Please understand that no measures can guarantee 100% security.
Advanced Dermatology: firstname.lastname@example.org Call: 847-459-6400