Winter Vein Choices
Whether or not you’re a fan of Game of Thrones,
for Chicagolanders the phrase “Winter is coming” sends a cold shiver down our spines.
I mean, we don’t have to worry about hordes of zombies breaching a magical ice wall
and invading from the North…not that I know of anyway…but still, it’s an unsettling thought.
So we, like most creatures in the Chicagoland area, have a significant choice to make this Fall.
A. Fly off and migrate to a warmer climate until Spring…or
B. Stiffen up our upper lips, grit our teeth, get prepared and make the best of it.
If you typically choose A, I don’t love you any less…in fact I admire your adventurous spirit. But… if, like me, you choose B…we have another choice to make. Do we:
1. Sit around kvetching about the cold…or
2. Use the cooler months to get things done that were less desirable to do than when it’s warm and lovely out. Things like honing our ice sculpting skills…or alphabetizing our food pantries…or…yes, you guessed it…taking care of our varicose
and spider veins.
Yes, the Fall/Winter is the perfect time to take care of your bothersome veins. There are a number of reasons why this is true:
• “Shorts season” is over for the year. Getting rid of varicose and spider veins is not instantaneous; it’s a process that may take weeks to months to reach desired results, depending on the extent of each patient’s issues/goals. There is plenty of time to spend before next “shorts season”.
• If you have met your insurance deductible or are close to meeting it, the Fall is the perfect time to have a consultation to determine the extent of your issues and start treatments before the year’s end.
• Consultations and many treatments may be coverable by commercial insurance and Medicare. However obtaining approval for coverage of treatment is itself a process that may take up to 2-3 months, depending on the insurance carrier.
That last point is one that most patients are unaware of and is actually the best reason to schedule your consultation appointment with me as soon as possible. The sooner we determine your eligibility, the sooner we can submit for coverage (if possible), the sooner we can get started.
Many of my patients have suffered for years with symptomatic chronic vein disease. It turns out that what you have waited for…effective, comfortable, safe, affordable treatments with no downtime…has arrived! Schedule your consultation now to learn more about treatments such as Endovenous Laser Ablation, Clarivein® and sclerotherapy and how they may help you to have legs that feel and look better than they have in years! Winter may be coming…clouds and all…but we’ll find the silver lining together. See you soon!