Top Ten Facial Cosmetic Resolutions for the New Year
- Protecting your skin from the sun’s damaging UV rays not only prevents skin cancer but also prevents signs of aging such as brown spots and wrinkles. You can protect your skin by wearing an SPF30 or higher with zinc oxide daily. Also, sun protective clothing can successfully shield your skin from UVA and UVB rays. These products are available at Skinfo.
- Healthy Skin Applying topical antioxidants daily on the skin prevents sun damage and signs of aging by neutralizing UV-induced free radicals (which harm the skin). In addition, some antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Green Tea Polyphenols repair damaged skin cells, thus leading to healthier skin.
- Promoting Longevity In order to prevent damage and extend the vitality of your skin it is most important to consistently use at-home skin care products as recommended by your skincare professional. Include the use of a ClarisonicPRO brush during cleansing, for optimal removal of dirt and dead skin cells, and for better penetration of your topical products.
- Analyze Your Skin Knowing your starting point will help give you a guide of where to go next. During your cosmetic consult at Advanced Dermatology our knowledgeable staff will develop a comprehensive treatment plan to address all of your concerns regarding your skin. A VISIA Complexion Analysis will also be done in Skinfo to determine the starting point of your skin and quarterly throughout the year to assess your skin’s changes.
- Plump and Relax A youthful face is plump and has few embedded lines. Injectable wrinkle fillers such as Restylane™ and Juvederm™ can be used to restore facial volume and improve smile lines and wrinkles around the mouth. BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport™ are wrinkle relaxers used to smooth away facial wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyebrows and around the eyes.
- Refresh Skin Tone Peels and facials are a quick way to freshen up your skin for a nice, glowing appearance! Whether it is to achieve a brighter skin tone, even pigmentation, or reduce acne breakouts, we do a variety of peels and facials to achieve your desired result. All treatments can be done over your lunch hour and have minimal downtime, so schedule a consult today to find out which treatment would be best for you! They also make great gifts!
- Lighten and Correct If you have more significant sun damage and abnormal texture a more advanced laser treatment may be a good option for you. Photorejuvenation targets red and brown pigmentation from sun damage or rosacea and can give you a more even skin tone with no downtime in just five treatments! If you have more wrinkles or scarring on the skin perhaps a treatment like Fraxel or Matrix would be a better option for you to go deep into the skin to achieve the best result possible in 3-5 treatments with about 2 days of downtime. If you have a combination of wrinkles/abnormal texture with brown spots, want a faster result and don’t mind 2-3 days of downtime then Pearl Erbium Laser may be the best treatment for you. A cosmetic consultation is the best avenue to decide which treatment is best so you can have a fresh, younger appearance in the New Year.
- Smooth If you have more localized scarring from acne or have wrinkles that drive you crazy every time you look in the mirror Matrix RF & IR may be the best option for you. This treatment can be done in small areas or on the whole face to smooth and tighten the skin through a new Sublative RF technology. Just 3-5 treatments to achieve the smoother skin you have always longed for with minimal downtime.
- Tighten and Strengthen Non-surgical face lifts are a great alternative to going under the knife. With tissue tightening technology we use heat to stimulate collagen growth to lift and firm the skin. We use the Thermage CPT, Titan and Refirme systems to achieve these results. After tightening the skin, the Pan G Lift treatment program will build up the muscles in the face and neck to tone and lift the facial structure. This combination achieves the ideal 3D effect for the best overall face lift possible with no downtime at all!
- Maintenance Care Maintenance treatments and skin care are necessary to maintain the results achieved from any laser, tissue tightening or peel that is done in the office. Unfortunately we age on a daily basis and cannot stop the aging process. Maintaining good skin care, avoiding the sun and regular maintenance treatments will help to keep your skin looking young and healthy for as long as possible. Frequency of maintenance treatments will depend on which treatments have been performed and how much new skin damage accumulates over time.
Use these cosmetic resolutions to refresh, stimulate and maintain your skin routine this year. Enjoy and celebrate your youthful skin!